Job Opening For Creative Director With Maido (London, United Kingdom)
Maido are on the hunt for an amazing digital Creative Director to join the family.
Maybe you’ve never heard of Maido and that’s okay, we’re honestly not offended (it’s a tricky word to pronounce and most people don’t like looking silly in public – FYI it’s “my-dough”). We’re a tight team that help brands solve difficult problems. Designers, developers, project managers, strategic people. We take care in our work and even more care with the people doing the work.
Our Approach :
We’re here to solve problems. It’s what we get paid for and it’s what we enjoy doing most. We’re agnostic when it comes to technology and process. We understand problems before devising solutions, we’re not a one-size fits all agency and we don’t ever want to be one.
You love people and love being part of a team. You understand that the people you work with and the relationships you have with them, are a core ingredient to Maido’s success. You’re switched on, focused and you get shit done. You enjoy your work and take pride in it.
We want someone who can turn (sometimes very loose) briefs into a reality. Someone who can make the complex simple. Who can take a concept or brief and turn that into something tangible and has a passion for crafting the best possible experience for the user. You’ll be responsible for our output and champion best in class work.
Desired Skills and Experience For Creative Director:
You’re a problem solver that…
- Helps really get under the skin of both the business and user problems we are trying to solve
- Ask a lot of questions to truly understand why and what you are designing
- Leads workshops and is confident managing senior stakeholders
- Loves pen and paper
- Brilliant at presenting solutions with justified reasoning
- Confident with visual prototyping & understand the importance of user-testing
- Can demonstrate award winning work across different platforms
- Champions best practices & enables collaboration
- Loves what you do & have an outstanding portfolio to demonstrate that
- Tools you will almost certainly need
– Paper & Pen
– InVision + Principle
– Powerpoint/Keynote (and more importantly, presentation skills)
– Any HTML/CSS/JS understanding is a great bonus
We’re a big fan of doing things that make us better, you can expect to have access to the latest tech, be sent to conferences and be working alongside a really talented, friendly bunch of people. We work home from Wednesday’s and like a drink every now and again — you can learn more on our website
If you like the sound of us, send a paragraph about yourself and a link to your portfolio and tell us what your favourite cake is. And if it’s not the job for you, but you think you know someone who might like it, pass it on, a little bit of love goes a long way.
Industry : Design, Marketing and Advertising, and Computer Software
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Director
Job function : Design
Design · 11-50 employees · Founded 2011 · Privately Held
We are a digital product studio for brands that want to solve a big problem. A lean studio of senior practitioners, surrounded by a constellation of trusted experts. Obsessed with crafting great experiences.