Job Opening For Creative Director With Ogilvy & Mather (London, GB)
The Creative Director is a high profile role within OPR with key responsibility for overseeing the development and delivery of breakthrough newsworthy and shareworthy ideas for the agency and its clients. Core to this is the ability for generating original, impactful, lateral thinking ideas and solutions that drive the development of editorial and social PR and content marketing. Central to this role is the need to go beyond executional and tactical work but build long-term and substantial brand platforms and campaign ideas that will help transform the client’s business and, in turn, our own. Working closely with the strategy team amongst others is essential to ensuring that ideas are robustly built on genuine audience and cultural insights.
The Role, Creative Director, Crosses Four Main Areas :
- Managing and developing the creative and conceptual capabilities of the creative team and broader creative resource. Advising and developing their skills and the quality of their work
Contributing positively to the profile and growth of the creative team. Including supporting new business, championing the work of the team across the agency, the group and the industry as a whole
- Developing cut-through creative ideas for distribution in social media, digital platforms, editorial, paid, and traditional media.
- Driving innovation in Ogilvy PR’s offering, contributing to the successful pursuit of new business, and helping Ogilvy PR continue to transform itself to best meet the needs of our clients in today’s communications landscape.
- The Creative Director will be a passionate, nimble individual who can work in the fast-paced ever-changing public relations, digital and social media environment. They will work on a range of clients according to business priorities.
- The Creative Director will report to the MD of Team Strategy and Creative and will be expected to collaborate with other key members of the creative, strategy and content team, both in Ogilvy PR and within the wider Ogilvy Group.
Requirements And Responsibilities :
- Provide on-going editorial and social direction for clients business, helping to win new business and delivering brand building campaigns.
- Work with the team (including Strategy, Content and Account teams) to inform and inspire consistent, on brand, quality ideas across all channels.
- Developing brand and campaign ideas and concepts that can be pitched into a client. This will range from a large global ideas to smaller reactive campaigns
- Develop strong client relationships, alongside seeking new and different ways to improve our service to them.
- Work with our paid media experts to produce effective paid campaign advice and content for clients.
- Generate ideas for pitches and proposals for new business prospects.
- Successfully identify and mentor up and coming, multi-disciplina
- Successfully identify and mentor up and coming, multi-disciplinary creative talent.
- Provide quality control over concepts put forward by the content team.
- Work closely with the senior management team to become a trusted partner within clients’ businesses.
- To have solid experience in a creative led role – preferably within a PR agency environment.
- To have an established portfolio of recent relevant work with results.
- Excellent management and a proven track record of leading creative teams.
- Proven editorial, social, digital skills.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Proven success in branded content strategy implementation for multi-channel campaigns
- To be able to lead innovative, conceptual thinking within the team and agency
- Excellent communicator who is confident discussing conceptual work with clients and integrated agencies at all levels
- Must possess integrity, energy and creativity.
- Is driven and self-motivated.
- Can work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Is influential and inspires the agency.
- Flexible, pragmatic yet able to make tough decisions when needed.
- Manages people in a nurturing and supportive way.
- Has gravitas with senior clients and the team, is confident presenting ideas at a senior level.
- Is highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products and services.
- Up-to-date with new digital ideas, techniques and styles (i.e. art, film, social media, television programmes, music, fashion, technology, trends, etc
Who is Ogilvy Public Relations?
Who Are We And What Do We Do
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in business, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices.
Ogilvy Public Relations drives influence at scale to effect change.
We believe that to deliver commercial value and demonstrable change, we need to drive influence at an ever increasing scale. That means we encourage bigger, simple thinking to drive better results, by fostering a culture of permissive creativity, aggressive curiosity and smart collaboration.
Our Successes :
- Cannes Lions Network of the Year – 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Effie Awards Most Effective Agency Network – 2012, 2013
- Holmes Report 2014 EAME Agency of the Year
- Ogilvy Public Relations/London is PRCA Large Consultancy of the Year 2013 + 2014
- No1 in the Holmes Report 2013 + 2014 Global Creative Index
- Holmes Report 2015 Digital Agency of the Year (Social@Ogilvy)
Our benefits package includes:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free Thames Clipper pass to Canary Wharf from London Bridge or Waterloo
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Day off in the summer, day off for your birthday and a day off to move house too
- Not forgetting dental care, eye care, gym membership contribution and much more…!
Meet Ogilvy & Mather
Marketing and Advertising · 10001+ employees · Public Company
Ogilvy & Mather, Network of the Year at Cannes for the 5th year running, is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion, relationship marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a part of the WPP Group (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com.)
Ogilvy & Mather has nine divisions: OgilvyOne (direct and digital marketing), OgilvyInteractive (digital marketing and strategy), Neo@Ogilvy (digital and direct media), Ogilvy PR (public relations), Ogilvy CommonHealth (health care communications and marketing), OgilvyAction (analytics and experiential marketing), Ogilvy Government Relations (government affairs), OgilvyEntertainment (branded content), RedWorks (production and design) and OgilvyNoor (Muslim consumer practice).