Job Opening For Project Director With Squiz (London, UK)
As a Digital Project Director, you will be at the heart of the company, responsible for ensuring the delivery of client projects. You will work with some of the world’s leading companies to deliver engaging and compelling online experiences.
Squiz is a young, exciting and rapidly expanding digital company based in the heart of Shoreditch, London. Squiz is growing. Fast. Last year we grew another 40%, taking our numbers to over 500 people globally with 60 people in the UK. Although we’re large enough to engage the biggest and best customers, we are small enough to have a start-up feel. Our success means that our staff have access to varied and exciting career paths.
Due to an internal transfer we are now looking for a digital project director to drive our talented team of Project Managers, implement tighter processes and delight our clients.
As our Digital Project Director you will understand that the individual is as important as the methodology and you will have natural instinct and skill set to apply this through Squiz’s own project lifecycle approach to guarantee success.
In addition to this, you’ll be:
- Accountable for the successful and efficient project delivery of all UK projects, through a team of professional and experienced project managers
- Responsible for the management and development of the project management team
- Overseeing a unified project governance model across all projects and act as a first escalation point for any project related issues
- Responsible for resource allocation to maximise utilisation and ensure successful high quality project delivery
- Collaborating with the senior technical team leads to ensure appropriate resource allocation, resource development and management
- Responsible for resource forecasting, working with the Regional Manager to recruit and shape the technical team as required
- Collaborating with other business units and stakeholders to identify new operational ideas, define requirements, create projects proposal
The deal breakers. We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years delivering Digital Projects in an agency environment
- Experience in delivering complex web build projects with budgets up to £250k
- Project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall is essential
- Adept at managing multi-disciplined teams; Ours comprise of UX Designers, Front and Back End Developers,
- Technical Consultants and QA Engineers.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, client oriented role.
Just as DNA is the building block of life, our people are the building blocks of our business:
- Start with why
- The secret to Squiz’s passion lies in our need to ask ‘why?’
- Find a way
- Resourcefulness, persistence, ingenuity and determination are the foundation of Squiz’s character.
- Fight for better
- We know there is always a better way. That’s why we strive for “wow” rather than settle for “meh”.
- Don’t be a dickhead
- At Squiz we don’t take ourselves too seriously and enjoy a good laugh (even if it’s at our expense).
Based in our office in the heart of Shoreditch, you will be working with a passionate and fun bunch. We work/play hard and in recognition of this Squiz likes to reward you with a few perks:
- Flexible Working
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Health and Wellbeing allowance
- Discounted BUPA healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Bi-annual performance reviews
- Weekly L&D afternoons
- Macbook and iPhone
- Office Pingpong, Playstation, Gaming and Movie nights
- Great culture with open, passionate and friendly work mates
Please note that Squiz does not work with recruitment agencies. We don’t accept speculative CVs from any agencies and reserve the right to treat any received as a gift. Squiz will not be liable for any fees should we engage with any candidates who have been speculatively submitted by an agency.
Online Media · 501-1000 employees · Founded 1998 · Privately Held
Squiz is not your garden-variety digital agency. We work with our own technology to develop strategically-driven, user-centric websites. On top of that we host all of our clients websites too, which we think is pretty awesome!
We’re 500+ strong and we’re all over the globe in places like London, New York and Sydney (Global HQ). You’ll be working as a part of a our global Infrastructure team; you’ll be based in based in London but will need to be OK to travel to places like Sydney. , where you will In Europe, you will be service our go-to Infrastructure expert, servicing all of our our northern hemisphere offices in throughout New York, Poland and EdinburghEurope and North America.