Job Opening For Graphic Information Designer (Cockspur Street, London)
Serious Fraud Office is looking for Graphic Information Designer. The Graphics and EPE Team uses industry standard design software to present graphically complex evidential and non-evidential information externally and to our main stakeholders at the SFO. We provide graphical and technological support throughout the investigation and prosecution process which helps improve the target audiences ability to understand, retain and digest complex information in order to make effective decisions. The Graphics and EPE Team also maintain a consistent internal and external brand image and are responsible for assignments such as poster design, publications, PowerPoint presentations and business cards.
- Relevant Graphic Design qualification or work experience in a graphic design / information design role.
- Experience of using specialist software from Adobe Creative Cloud such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Good general knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2013.
You will be asked to supply evidence of meeting these competencies when you apply.
- Making effective decisions
- Building capability for all
- Managing a quality service
- Delivering at pace
- Changing and improving
- Collaborating and partnering
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
- There are a great many benefits of working for the SFO including:
- The choice of two Civil Service pension schemes. For further details, click here
- Generous annual leave provision of 25 days which increases to 30 days after five years’ service plus an additional day in recognition of the Queen’s Birthday and the option to buy or sell up to five days’ leave per year. Different terms may apply if you are already a Civil Servant
- discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Interest-free season travel ticket , bicycle loan and cycle to work scheme
- Access to the Rental Deposit Salary Advance Scheme which assists employees in meeting the costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies
- Voucher for eyecare and discounted spectacles
- Access to a range of discounts through membership of the Civil Service Sports and Social Club, CSSC Sports and Leisure.
- Maternity and paternity leave provision over and above the statutory entitlements
- The salary range for each post is detailed on the job description. For the majority of our roles the expectation is that you will start on the salary scale minimum. Higher starting salaries are only offered in exceptional circumstances. If you are currently earning more than the maximum of the salary range, please consider carefully before applying, as we are unable to match salaries, even for exceptional candidates.
Things you need to know
If you’re applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
A competency based interview along with a scenario based assessment. You are also asked to bring in your portfolio of work.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Sift/interview dates and location
Dates: To be confirmed
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If a candidate wishes to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) then they should indicate this when filling out the application form.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2016
Reference number : 1510805
Salary : 23,800 – 29,847
Grade : Executive Officer
Band E : Contract type, Permanent
Business area : Other
Type of role : Digital, Other
Working pattern : Flexible working, Full-time, Part-time, Job share
Hours : 41 Hours including lunch break
Number of posts : 1