Job Opening For Creative Director With Landor (London, UK)
As a global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace is looking for Creative Director. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still.
Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design.
Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 27 offices in 21 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Aeroflot, Bayer, BMW, BP, Citroën, Danone, Etihad Airways, Emaar, International Hotels Group, Procter & Gamble, Russian Copper Company, and Tata Group.
Landor is a member of the Young & Rubicam Group within WPP, the world’s largest marketing and communications firm. For more information, please visit Landor.com and follow Landor on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Purpose Of Creative Director
The Creative Director (CD) establishes and enforces creative vision and beliefs within Landor creative community. He/she oversees creative output and ensures delivery of innovative, brand-led, high caliber, cross-channel creative solutions for all clients’.
Duties and Responsibilities of Creative Director
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
People and Team
- Mentors and develops cross-discipline expertise.
- Motivates through rewarding talent, imagination, collaboration, passion and leadership.
- Provides ongoing performance evaluation.
- Supports Design Directors to deliver effectively for clients.
- Fosters community within creative staff.
- Networks with Landor leaders locally and regionally.
- Constantly powerful when selling work ideas and enforces creative vision and beliefs within the business.
- Responsible for overall creative excellence and is the final arbiter for the design group.
- Projects Landor’s creative excellence image in the market.
- Champions and drives internal and external award submissions and wins.
- Provides clear and decisive input to all creative issues.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Partners with Strategy to merge creative ideas and strategic thinking.
- Creates and supervises competitive, inspiring and breakthrough design strategies that transform businesses.
- Delivers presentations internally and externally.
- Trains wider agency on branding practices and champions intellectual capital across offices.
New Business Development
- Drives new business and pitch content.
Project/ Financial Management
- Ensures maximum utilization of resources and defines resource pool structure and caliber.
- Identifies new talent and gives hire approval.
- Facilitates innovative, client focused, cross-discipline team structures.
- Assigns creative lead and alternative Senior Creative Leadership where required for clients engagements.
- Minimum 8-10 years Creative Leader experience in branding/ design agency.
- Design degree or relevant qualification.
- Proven experience in relevant leadership position and good industry connections.
- Strong people management, client and peer relationship skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, influencing and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and business management skills including oversight of department budgets.